Sunday 29 May 2011

29th May- Layout Challenge

Time for another Layout Challenge this week the challenge is a sketch, which just so happens that I (Anna) designed! Hope you have fun creating with it, it's quite exciting for me as it's the first time I've designed a sketch!
Anna
I stayed quite close to the sketch with this layout, stars are probably my favourite shape! I masked off a big star shape and misted over it and then stitched around it to make it stand out, then added the rest on top.
Nadia
I really wanted to use these pictures and these papers together, so I substituted the star with a large doily for a more classic effect. 
Lisa
Heather
This was a great challenge for me because I don't normally include large shapes on my layouts.  I considered taking a different route with this and using small stars as embellishments but in the end I decided to tackle it head-on. The layout looks simple enough, which is NOT my style, but I did it that way intentionally, adding techniques to it to bring it back to my style.  I used a Cricut, masking, misting, fussy cutting, stitching and more. None of the alphas were that color originally. More details about the techniques are on my blog.

It amazing the different layouts that you can get from the same sketch, how does the sketch inspire you, we would love to see so please link your creations up!

2 comments:

  1. These are ALL AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the stars! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch! I started off the right foot and then fell off the track...lol

    http://disneydarling07.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-handy-man.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!