Sunday 11 July 2010

11th July Sunday Challenge

Today it's warm and the kids need supervision in the paddling pool so we're keeping it simple!

Make a layout using only cardstock, patterned paper and alphabet stickers

So if you're up for the challenge then don't forget to add your photo to the link gadget in the sidebar by midnight GMT on 31st July.

And here's what the design team did simply:

Anna

I did lots and lots of hand cutting for this one!

Fabi

I liked this challenge as it makes us recycle and create our embellishments instead of buying more stuff lol. (not that I don't enjoy buying!)I looked for a colorful picture and tried to create a little garden lol. I've made the flowers and used a lace cardstock to add a nice look to the page. Here a close up on the little flower made with paper. No lets see what your creativity creates! ;)


Lisa
Can't go wrong with Sassafras when using just patterned papers. A pair of scissors and off you go : )

Nic

This was a challenge I felt really comfortable with as one of my favourite things to do when creating a page is to hand cut elements from patterned papers to form embellishments. I wanted to scrap an old pre-digi photo of my son having a snooze in his much loved car seat after a busy day out and chose papers that matched this theme with lots of bright, fun images to cut out, then I got busy with my scissors! I used a couple of co-ordinating cardstocks teamed with a variety of different sized and coloured alpha stickers for my title.

Tessa

With a challenge like this one, I found it much easier to create by using scraps on a neutral background. It felt good to use up little pieces (less waste is always a good thing) and the simplicity of the design is just perfect for the feeling I was trying to convey. Plus, it came together quickly!

Amanda

I have two words for you: hand cutting. I used my all time fave American Crafts 'Letterbox' papers as they are perfect for cutting out lots of things to embellish your pages. I just grabbed a few sheets, snipped out some designs and then decided what I was going to do with them afterwards. I also used some scraps to make some paper rolls, which is a technique I've been wanting to try out forever, and have never got around to.

The key to layering all these bits was 3d foam pads, and more 3d foam pads, especially to layer the journaling spots over the paper rolls - the pads are doubled up under there! You can see how much dimension there is in the photo above. I'm not even thinking about how it's going to fit in my album! The final touch was the thickers, and I used some of the punctuation to accent my flowers, too.

Rebekah
This challenge worked really well for this LO I've been meaning to do for sometime. The LO I created is a lift from the Sassfrass blog. I used some great space paper with lots of bits that I cut out and lifted with foam squares for added interest. I distressed the photos with a file and hey presto- 'My little astrophysicist'.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh what a great challenge!! LOVE what everyone created! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great challenge, so glad I saw you on Tessa's blog. Will upload soon. Melxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!