Sunday 27 June 2010

27th June Sunday Challenge

Splish splash! Summer is well and truly upon us (well, most of us!) :) And so Amanda's challenge is really apt this week (but isn't it always!). Here's this week's challenge to get your teeth in to.

Splash! We want to see your pages about the beach, sunshine... anything summer-ish! How do you spend your summer holidays?



Need some inspiration? Look no further...

Amanda
This layout features a picture from the 1920s of my Great-Aunt who is now in her eighties, dressed in a pretty dress to be a flower girl at a summer wedding. It was a hand coloured b/w photo, so I used vintage hues of blue and yellow along with distressed papers to complement it and the summery theme.

And see that little yellow fabric covered frame? That has to be one of my favourite embellies ever, and the best thing is - it was made by Tessa! Yes, I was filled with dread as I put ink and glue within a 20 foot radius of it lol! I had fun making a little collage inside it out of stickers, rub-ons and paper.

Anna

There's nothing better than lazy summer days, is there?! Just to soak up the sun and relax.

I love the summery colours of these October Afternoon papers and thought they went perfectly with the photo.

Lisa

Nic

This theme was the perfect topic for me to scrap these photos I took on holiday last year.

I used several shades of glimmer mist and some stickles to create the background paper and drew some freehand swirls. I also used some sand to create the circle shape behind the main photo / star.

Rebekah


I find summer photos pretty easy to scrap. They're always bright, focused and fun so they lend themselves to scrapbook pages really easily. So I didn't have any photos for this challenge. Instead, I decided to print out some photos from google images that depict ways in which I will spend my summer this year. I also printed a title and the Buzz lightyear on to safmat and stuck them directly on to the page, and a post it note with a pin stuck in too. Some great bright papers from Cosmo criket, BG rub ons and bright summer stickers and some bunting stamped using banana frog stamps finish off the LO.

Tessa

My favorite part of summer is the extra family time during the week. All the daylight after dinner time means we can get outside and play as a family. During the winter and school year, it's just not possible to spend time with Daddy after dinner and before bed. But summer time - that's a different story!

Don't forget that to be in with a chance of winning this month's prize from Tessa's shop you'll need to link any of the projects you've created as a result of The Studio challenges by this Wednesday using the 'Add a link' icon here.

.

4 comments:

  1. wonderful layouts girls...glad to see all these summer pictures while here is winter time :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layouts! and this theme is very good to create. kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies!
    I'm back.
    Just created a LO based on the June 27th challenge even though it's closed. I was just happy to create after more than a month!

    It's on my blog:
    http://scrap4all.typepad.com/scrappassion/2010/07/needed-to-scrap.html

    It's good to be back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!